The Admissions Advisor/Recruiter will work within the Admissions Office, supporting enrollment efforts by providing admissions information to prospective students and community partners and organizations through meetings, presentations, events and other appropriate venues. In this position, you will:
- Participate in student recruitment and maintain community partnerships.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of admissions requirements and program eligibility and implement comprehensive recruitment strategies to a targeted population of students.
- Provide customer service to students and applicants and advise on the admissions process, eligibility and programming.
- Coordinate, organize and manage admissions events and activities.
- Track student data and provide reports and analysis.
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC), an adult education enterprise, of the State University of New York, University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD), with an annual enrollment of 1,940 students, is seeking applications for an Admissions Recruiter/Advisor, SL-3. The mission of BEOC is to produce lifelong learners who are self-directed, empowered, and committed to excellence. Residents of the surrounding Buffalo community are provided a range of services designed to develop the academic and workforce development skills necessary to become self-sufficient. Programs and services are structured to adapt to the needs of our students – as well as to the demands of our community – and serve as first steps toward the attainment of long-term educational and employment skills.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2 years of experience conducting outreach and recruitment. Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills, and social media knowledge.
Successful candidate must provide evidence of strong time management skills and attention to detail and the ability to assess and respond to the needs of adult students in an adult education context.
Must be available to work weekends and evenings and have a strong working knowledge of best practices in the field.
Masters’ degree in Education or related field.