Extramurals Facilities. Reporting to the Golf Course Superintendent, the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths and supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
- Hires, orients, and trains all golf course maintenance department employees.
- Schedules work and supervises employees and use of equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Supervises pesticide application and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists with personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, and discipline.
- Supervises the mowing, watering and maintenance of tees, greens, fairways and related areas.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Bachelor's Degree in agronomy, turf management, or related field; obtain and maintain commercial pesticide applicator's license, if not licensed; two or more years of turf maintenance experience; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Effective problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution skills; a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf; experience managing warm season turf grasses
$30,900 - $37,000
Please visit the Georgia Southern University employment website and complete the application process at https://georgiasouthern.edu/jobs
. The application process must be completed by the deadline to be considered. Georgia is an open records state. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the ADA to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468. Georgia Southern University is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veteran employer.