Nurse Aide Specialist (Grant FT)
Nurse Aide Specialist (Grant FT)
Pathway to Success in Healthcare
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than December 1, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Admin 10 - $35,765
Grant Funded Full-Time
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Assist the Director with Nurse Aide students and requirements needed for the Nurse Aide Training Program to remain in compliance with state regulations. Assist the Director to remain in compliance with HPOG regulations.
Health Professions Opportunity: Pathway to Success in Healthcare (PSH) program will provide education and training in three healthcare tracks Nursing, Emergency Medicine, and Medical Records/Health Information Technology (HIT) - that will pay well and are in high demand throughout the region. These pathways are designed as a career lattice that will allow program participants to enter, exit, and re-enter at each level outlined for each pathway. Students will be able to enter at various entry points, depending on their academic/developmental preparation and qualifications for the program. The PSH Program will enable students to successfully complete each training level by providing them with a package of wraparound services that could address multiple issues academic, financial, and personal that can impede students from successfully completing college. CCAC will partner with the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (3RWIB), Pennsylvania CareerLink, Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council (GPLC), Garfield Jubilee, Southwest PA Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Angels' Place, and Human Service Center Corporation-Mon Valley Providers, the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Allegheny Health Network (AHN), and Allegheny County EMS Council and local four-year universities to implement this program.
High School diploma or equivalent (Associate Degree preferred) with Nurse Aide Certification and three years' experience working with a Nurse Aide Program required. One year experience working with the educationally and economically disadvantaged adult learners. Grant experience a plus.
1. Assist students in the application process and paperwork for the Nurse Aide Training Program, HPOG Grant and all other healthcare programs within HPOG.
2. Assist students in registering for the state exam.
3. Manage Pearson Vue vouchers.
4. Communicate any changes within the Nurse Aide Training Program or Pearson Vue testing requirements to HPOG team.
5. Schedule and deliver the mandatory informational sessions prior to the scheduled class date.
6. Communicates student barriers or concerns to the HPOG Support Specialists.
7. Compiles and prepares student files.
8. Responds to student inquiries and provides general guidance on Nurse Aide Program, HPOG Grant and all other healthcare programs within HPOG.
9. Compiles Nurse Aide information to include statistics and reports for reporting purposes.
10. Serves as CHRI officer for the system-wide Nurse Aide Training Program.
11. Knowledge of the reporting program Pages.
12. Responsible for the Nurse Aide information being relayed to HPOG for student handbook.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned or as required.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=3&id=746