Information Technology Services
Posting Closing Date:
July 5, 2019Please note that the posting will close at midnight (12:00 AM) on the posting closing date.
This means any applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM the evening before.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The work involves the coordination and implementation of activities associated with the enterprise administrative applications. Specific tasks involve: ERP Implementation and configuration, business process analysis, information sharing, and more. Work is performed under the supervision of the Executive Director of ERP or CIO designee. Supervision is exercised over applicable staff. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Coordinate ERP implementation and configuration of administrative applications to support business areas (requires prior ERP implementation experience);
- Lead testing procedures for an administrative application implementation;
- Coordinate data mapping efforts for administrative applications;
- Responsible for business process analysis that includes analysis, creation, recommendation, and implementation of business process workflows (requires a strong critical thinker);
- Responsible for learning new business area and be embedded in that area (requires strong interpersonal skills to work with various areas and levels of the institution);
- Assist with data analyzation, business intelligence, and analytics to support institution;
- Develop online project and user documentation;
- Develop Help Desk knowledge base for FAQ and assist with training materials;
- Develop change management strategies to accomplish above tasks;
- Tracks all project progress in collaborative tool which can be shared with the ITS team. Provides updates, both written and oral, to management on project progress;
- Related work as assigned;
- Does related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking;
- Utilize prior ERP implementation experience
- Utilize prior change management experience;
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusive and diverse learning environment;
- Ability to handle multiple project priorities;
- Good knowledge of educational administrative systems and procedures; ability to oversee a team and assess the work performance of assigned staff; ability to develop, track, and lead multiple projects;
- Ability to train others effectively; good professional judgment;
- Initiative and resourcefulness; dependability; physically capable of performing the functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation;
- Must have been a business analyst for at least one (1) or two (2) ERP implementations or Administrative System implementations, which involved multiple areas of an organization and 3rd party consulting?
Bachelor’s degree and four (4) year’s work experience in information technology, computer science, or related fields or equivalent experience.
Three (3) years of experience as a business analyst.
Working experience with the Workday ERP.
Prior experience with Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, or Student administrative applications.
Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
SUNY Erie Community College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or in the administration of any of its policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to all students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting the Civil Rights Compliance Officer listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
Tracy Archie, Chief Diversity Officer
Office of Equity and Diversity
City Campus, Room 174, 121 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, please contact:
New York Office
United States Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor,
New York, N.Y., 10005-25010;
Tel (646) 428-3800; Email: mailto:OCR.NewYork@ed.govOCR.NewYork@ed.gov.