Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Ability to independently manage a variety of business functions with dynamic funding sources and/or a variety of functional activities, programs, and/or services
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to facilitate and ensure the application of sound business practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in research administration
- Experience in an institution of higher education
- Related professional certifications such as Certified Research Administrator (CRA)
Primary Purpose of Position
This position provides post-award support to College principal investigators (PI’s) by researching, interpreting, and applying the policies and procedures that govern grant, contract and internal awards. The Project Coordinator will assist faculty in administrative and financial management of assigned sponsored programs to ensure compliance with sponsors’ terms and conditions and will support a variety of projects that are diverse in scope and complexity. The Project Coordinator will create and distribute special reports and analyses; maintain current knowledge of policies, federal regulations, and procedures that govern sponsored projects; and will employ appropriate tools and resources to accomplish assignments.
The person in this position is expected to use considerable judgment to perform work responsibilities and must be able to work in collaboration with multiple stakeholders including project teams.
- Assist PIs in coordinating project activities, e.g. virtual training sessions, promotion, research activities, etc.
- Provide projection/burn rate reports and other financial reports as needed
- Prepare periodic reports for management on the status of projects