The Support Services organization at Tufts University delivers administrative services to schools and central units across the university's three campuses. Administrative activities that are common across the many central divisions and schools have been consolidated, allowing highly qualified teams to provide exemplary administrative support to faculty and staff. Comprising administrative support for transactional tasks in payroll, benefits administration and finance, support services is customer-focused and strives for continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do
Under the direction of the Manager, Payroll and Benefits Administration, the Senior Payroll Tax Accountant provides operational oversight of Tier 2 payroll and tax accountants, coordinates service delivery to assigned customer groups, and serves as a resource to research and resolve more complex Tier 2 inquiries. The Senior Accountant ensures adherence to federal and state regulations and laws, and university policies and procedures, and plans and conducts financial, operational and compliance audits to ensure compliant planning, accounting, custodial and control activities.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years related experience in finance and/or accounting, payroll tax withholding and reporting.
- The Laboratory Safety Support Officer (LSSO) is the first-line contact for providing expert advice or technical services for general matters within the disciplines of public health, occupational safety and health, fire safety and environmental protection for the faculty, staff, students ,visitors, contractors and regulatory agents performing work in or impacting teaching, education and training laboratories. As a generalist, the LSSO can provide direct support and/or collaborate with the Lab Safety Specialists on staff in the areas of biosafety, chemical safety and radiation safety.in Payroll/Financial systems, and process analysis and control assessment.
- Sound compliance skills and a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service orientation and strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, problem-solve and research thoroughly, contribute to peer learning and collaborate in a team environment.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPP preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Payroll and Financials.
- Experience with Windstar Tax Navigator.
- Work experience in higher education.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity