Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300105
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Information Technology
Starting salary range is $67,205 to $77,285. The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Provide support to the College's Academic/Administrative Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Applications running on MS-SQL Server environments, as well as Systems Maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and maintain all MS-SQL Servers instances on all Servers.
- Backup Oracle/PeopleSoft and Non-Oracle/PeopleSoft Production Databases.
- Transfer all Database Backups nightly to external storage.
- Backup Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS), Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financials Supply Chain Management (FSCM) Production Databases to Microsoft Azure Cloud Recovery Site.
- Restore Oracle/PeopleSoft testing environments for updates, development, testing, training, etc.
- Provide functional and technical support on all Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP Applications.
- Security Administrator for Oracle/PeopleSoft CS (Student Administration), FSCM (Finance System) and HCM (Human Resources and Payroll for North America System).
- Security Administrator on third party SQL Server Databases (i.e. JanTek, Aceware, etc.).
- Perform "Security Compliance Access Reviews" on all Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP Applications.
- Provide Audit Documentation on all Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP Applications to meet Security Access Compliance.
- Create Employee Self-Service Accounts daily on CS and HCM Applications.
- Perform daily Student uploads to Blackboard 24-7 Help-Desk Support, Campus2Careers, Human Resources Safe-Colleges Training System, Pharos Library System, etc.
- Setup and Maintain Virtual Box for Oracle PUM Images.
- Implement application PUM images and update patches on Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP Applications.
- Perform new PeopleTools Release Installation and Upgrades.
- Setup and Maintain Spreadsheet Server for Oracle/PeopleSoft FSCM System.
- Provide Server Requirements for Oracle/PeopleSoft (i.e. OS, SQL Server Release, Drive Space, etc.) to the Network Team for new environment setups.
- Perform Oracle/PeopleSoft ERP application and Microsoft SQL server updates and upgrades.
- Assist supervision of Desktop Support Technicians for MYLC Campus support for student and faculty accounts.
- Provide technical support to network team on all MS-SQL databases.
- Create MYLC Active Directory (AD) Student Accounts from Oracle/PeopleSoft for MS-Office 365.
- Perform Annual Purge of all MYLC Student Accounts from Oracle/PeopleSoft and MYLC Active Directory.
- Perform Database Administration, Development, Implementation, Security, Updating, Upgrading, Tuning, etc.
- Database objects exporting/importing between production, database warehouse, database archive, development, testing, and training environments.
- Maintain PS_HOMES, PS_APP_HOMES, PS_CFG_HOMES, Application Servers, Process-Scheduler Servers, Report Repositories, etc. for all Oracle-PeopleSoft ERP Applications.
- Maintain a Read-Only SQL Server Database Warehouse from HP Legacy System.
- Assist the Network Administrator in the supervision of four PC Technicians and Helpdesk Coordinator responsible for client services help desk support.
- Provide Technical Support to Network Administrator, Network Specialists, Programmers, Business Analyst, Computer Technicians, Help-Desk Manager, and End Users on all PeopleSoft/Oracle environments.
- Responsible for PeopleSoft/Oracle Servers Administration and MS-SQL Server Installations, this includes MS-Updates and Service Pack installations.
- Write and maintain multiple SQL scripts to audit Application Security, Query Security and Database Security.
- Work closely with other Information Technology teams to maintain specific projects.
- Create Support Requests with Oracle Global Support Center.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup, maintain, and support third party MS-SQL Server Database environments (i.e. Aceware, On-Base Imaging System, Service-Now Work Order System, JanTek (JTA) Payroll, Pharos Library System, Employee SharePoint Portal, Virtual-Manager Databases for all Virtual Servers, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field
- ERP Functional Application experience, PeopleSoft preferred
- ERP Technical Application experience, PeopleSoft preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019, and 2020 experience
- Programming experience (i.e. SQR, SQL, Query, etc.)
- Must be available for support 24-7
- Troubleshooting, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Multi-task and prioritize skills
- Customer service skills
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3677196/database-administrator
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |