Head Soccer Coach
This position reports to the Head Men’s Soccer Coach and is responsible to assist in all phases of the University’s soccer program.
1. Effectively assisting in coaching a competitive soccer program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA, Northeast Conference, and institutional rules and regulations;
2. Effectively assisting in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the men’s athletic program, and effectively promoting Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students;
3. Ensuring that players associated with the soccer program are eligible under NCAA and Northeast Conference regulations;
4. Assisting the Head Coach in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and on-campus tryouts,
5. Effectively monitoring student athlete academic progress; referring or counseling where appropriate, and motivating the athlete;
6. Establishing and maintaining good personal relationships with student athletes, parents, staff, guidance counselors, the Community and the media;
7. Developing and overseeing an electronic system to ensure accurate and timely equipment inventory, repair, replacement, issue and retrieval; coordinating various activities involved in scheduling facilities and events;
8. Coordinate/Oversee film exchange;
9. Effectively recruiting, hiring, evaluating and motivating student assistants, ensuring that hiring and supervisory practices are in compliance with the spirit and intent of EEO/AA and other policies contained within the University’s employee and policy manuals.
10. Other duties as assigned
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree and five or more years of collegiate soccer experience including successful recruiting, coaching and counseling of student athletes at the Division I level. Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience motivating and supervising athletes and students, and a thorough understanding of and experience with NCAA and Northeast Conference rules and regulations are a plus.
The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Knowledge of related computer applications is important to oversee equipment inventory and manage facilities and events. A valid driver’s license is required for travel. This position is subject to the completion of a criminal background check and division of motor vehicles check. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.