Associate Director of Foundation Relations
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Director of Foundation Relations position within the University Development and Alumni Relations.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Associate Director of Foundation relations will be responsible for, the foundation relations program at St. Thomas. S/he will identify, cultivate, develop proposals, and manage relationships with foundations on behalf of the University of St. Thomas. S/he will partner across the university with deans, administrative leadership, faculty, and directors of development to proactively identify sources of funding for all collegiate and institutional priorities, prepare funding proposals, and advance relationships with foundations.
The Associate Director will provide excellent stewardship on funded proposals by submitting interim and final progress reports in collaboration with faculty, Gift Accounting, the Office of Sponsored Projects office, and the Controller’s office.
The Associate Director of Foundation Relations will be a proactive, results-oriented professional focused on major gift revenue generation for the University of St. Thomas.
1. Manage a portfolio of foundation prospects. Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with assigned foundation donors and prospects for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship purposes.
2. Develop and write a significant number of major gift ($25,000+) grant proposals to foundations donors annually, as defined in the annual, agreed-upon metrics. Proposal development may be done independently or in collaboration with faculty, deans, and directors of development.
3. Identify and research potential foundation donors for university, college, and school priorities. In collaboration with the faculty, deans, directors of development, provide strategic guidance on which foundations would have the highest likelihood of funding campus and unit priorities. Identify and leverage individual relationships within foundations to maximize the likelihood of funding to St. Thomas.
4. Provide acknowledgements and progress reports for foundation grants, in collaboration with Donor Relations, other campus faculty and staff, the Controller’s office, and other units as appropriate.
5. Manage the grants newsletter from the CFR office to disseminate funding opportunities to faculty across the University. Promote the CFR office and our resources to assist in major gift grant support.
6. Help build capacity in foundation fundraising across campus through workshops and training sessions.
Five years of development or grant writing experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including persuasive writing
Experience in higher education
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer