The Banerjee Laboratory at the Department of Physics, University of Buffalo is seeking a Lab Manager. This position is to support the study of various ongoing projects on biomolecular condensates in living systems. This is a full-time, grant-supported position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee protein expression and purification pipeline: The person will be responsible for the lab’s efforts in recombinant protein expression and purification in various projects,
• Laboratory oversight: The person will maintain lab areas, order supplies, and file monthly purchasing paperwork.
• Cell culture facility: The person will help in maintaining mammalian cell cultures.
• Molecular biology: The person will perform basic molecular biology work in different projects.
• Additional roles: As other scientific goals arise, additional roles may become important.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic interdisciplinary team of graduate, undergraduate students, postdoctoral trainees, and a diverse set of collaborators with a research interest in deciphering and pharmacological targeting molecular-to-mesoscale protein-nucleic acid condensate structure, dynamics, and function. The team is supported by multiple NIH grants including a recently awarded R35 grant from the NIH/NIGMS.
Details on our research can be found at our website:
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status