Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Executive Assistant to the Division Directors
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher-education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You will be joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that the people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for an Executive Assistant to join the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences (COCIS). The Executive Assistant will provide organizational and administrative support of a confidential nature to the three Division Directors. The Executive Assistant will anticipate the needs of the academic leaders and proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. The Executive Assistant will act as a liaison with internal colleagues and external partners while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. This position requires keen interpersonal skills and exceptional judgment to facilitate collaboration and communication among diverse groups.
This highly visible role is critical to the function and success of three academic units at Simmons: the School of Library and Information Science, the School of Business, and the Division of Mathematics and Computer Science. The Executive Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for all inquiries and will support both academic and individual calendar coordination, event and meeting preparation, data maintenance, and routine day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will: maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, and practice and promote teamwork. As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and who have demonstrated success working with individuals across a broad spectrum of identities and perspectives.
Calendar & Meeting Coordination
Administrative Operations & Projects
- Maintain both academic and individual calendars of Division Directors, using judgment to prioritize and commit leadership time for meetings, appointments, and travel based on an in-depth understanding of the Directors' priorities and needs;
- Schedule division committee/faculty meetings (based on the University-wide calendar) and arrange conference calls;
- Coordinate meeting logistics, including location reservations, catering, and equipment;
- Serve as point of contact for event planning (working with other COCIS staff as needed);
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations.
- Organize and maintain the work of the Divisions, including but not limited to processing and reconciling invoices, expense reports, and credit card statements;
- Perform monthly reconciliation of Division Director expense reports in Workday;
- Collaborate, cross-train, and provide back-up coverage to the Executive Assistant to the Dean;
- Work with the Directors and support the Dean's Office to initiate faculty searches, program reviews, and tenure processes;
- Maintain and order supplies for faculty across the college;
- Support other academic operational activities, which may include support of analysis and/or reporting of faculty and student data; assisting in reporting to external entities, including accreditation, licensure, and certification; and others;
- Work on discrete projects, providing project coordination, documentation, and support, and other duties as assigned;
- Learn and maintain electronic systems as required of academic divisions or financial systems; may assist Directors with technology requirements;
- Collaborate with faculty administrative support team, Director of Operations, and Operations Specialist to support effective and efficient operations of the College;
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or Dean.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Division Directors for internal and external constituencies;
- Coordinate communications from the Division Directors to internal and external constituents;
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries in a timely and professional manner. Make autonomous, accurate, and swift judgments, including forwarding questions and requests to other senior staff;
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes and email;
- May draft and/or proofread emails, letters, reports, or other documents;
- Maintain COCIS electronic directory.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative support position with project coordination and high-level client contact;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy, and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Prior experience in higher education administration preferred;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Suites;
- Experience with Workday preferred.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Division-Directors_R06096
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |