Digital Communications Manager (7455U) - CITRIS
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 5/19/21
The Digital Communications Manager works with CITRIS management to develop and implement communications content specifically in the area of digital communications. Updates and enforces CITRIS brand guidelines across all website, digital and print materials, ensuring each piece is on message and applies best practices. Manages branding and digital marketing and communications for CITRIS events including conferences, symposia, hosted meetings, seminar series, and special events. Manages CITRIS social media presence via content, branding, and technical support. Works with the Director of Communications to develop and manage digital marketing campaign calendar and production of assets.
of CITRIS website at www.citris-uc.org
: Manage website growth and updates including integration of other platforms, multi-campus templates and technical upgrades, migration, and hosting changes for primary and up to 10 subsidiary websites. Provide training as needed for content owners on Wordpress distributed publishing content management system, establish and enforce guidelines and protocols. Develop and maintain master content calendar and refresh cycle to ensure all data is current. Track and analyze web traffic and other metrics aimed at reaching strategic communications goals, and recommend evidence-based ways to grow audiences and meet user and operator needs.
Web Content Producer
: Oversee generation and publication of stories and press releases to post high-quality content consistent with organizational branding and strategic goals.
30% Strategic marketing and social media manager
: Implement strategic communications plan and marketing campaigns including monthly news digest and social media, curate and maintain master content calendar, develop and solicit assets and manage production in third-party platforms to post high-quality content consistent with organizational branding and strategic goals. Oversee distribution through organizational mailing lists in coordination with colleagues using the same lists. Track and analyze engagement metrics aimed at reaching strategic communications goals.
20% Signature events marketing manager
: Develop and manage branding, marketing, and digital communications for the institute's signature events, including the annual CITRIS Day research showcase, annual Town Hall, and VIP meetings, along with other strategic priority events. Create and distribute event marketing materials in coordination with events manager and other colleagues.
10% Brand manager
: Enforce CITRIS brand guidelines across all digital and print materials, develop and post high-quality content consistent with organizational branding and strategic goals. Manage design and production of branded digital communications materials including impact reports, infographics, slide presentations, logo lockups, graphics, and other visual identity elements and collateral.
5% Other duties as assigned
, including but not limited to: Recruit and supervise student assistants, manage relationships with outside vendors, including web development and design firms.
This is a two-year contract
- Thorough technical skills in computer applications for web, social media, and newsletter production, web hosting, image handling, publishing, illustration, presentation preparation, and/or other state-of-the-art digital communication capabilities.
- Advanced skills in maintaining and enhancing a cohesive brand across multiple formats including websites, social media, video, print, newsletters, email marketing, and tangible promotional items.
- Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques using digital assets.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, editorial style, and punctuation, including skill to write in a clear and lively style.
- Thorough knowledge of content management systems and/or relevant web applications used for web site production, and campus-specific computer application programs.
- Thorough digital design and basic UX skills to create clear, easy-to-navigate, informative, accurate, and functional web sites that provide web content consistent with the campus message and in keeping with management directives and client objectives.
- Thorough understanding of institutional processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web and social media communications.
- Advanced project management skills to provide high-quality quality digital and print communications within realistic budget, time, or other resource constraints. Strong ability to propose and communicate realistic scope adjustments where appropriate.
- Thorough level of proficiency with common social media platforms and the technical requirements to publish effective and engaging content using them.
- Thorough interpersonal communication skills.
- Thorough skills to develop and implement original ideas and correctly identify and effectively solve problems.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
- The salary range designated for this position: $80,000 - $95,000; however, starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
- This is a two-year contract position. Contract positions may be extended based on operational demand. Contract positions are eligible to participate in the health and welfare programs offered by UC Berkeley.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=18218&PostingSeq=1