Business Systems Analyst 4 - Campus Solutions (0657U) - 1663 - 1663
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions must provide a fair opportunity for every applicant to obtain admission to the University, operate in a professional manner that ensures positive staff morale and values hard work and dedication, communicate and collaborate effectively, present a coordinated effort to standardize procedures and document best practices, offer a variety of methods for professional development, and provide first-class customer service in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
Design and Development:
- Applies advanced business systems concepts to define highly complex systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Analyzes existing disparate source systems for related student data to understand the business processes, map data flow, and synthesize data output to achieve project goals.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary
- Performs highly complex analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Escalates issues to project leadership as problems are identified, articulates impacts, analyzes risks, recommends mitigation strategies.
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify, assess, and solve complex business or systems issues.
- Guides and advises functional administrators, project sponsors, and stakeholders on best practices and optimal solutions within system constraints.
- Writes documentation.
- May participate in developing and presenting user support tools and training
- Leads team of business systems professionals.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Provides training and end user support to college and department analysts and professionals
- Significant work experience in undergraduate admissions with ability to understand existing admissions processes and practices on campus, and have substantial familiarity with the admissions requirements for the Student Information Systems project.
- Thorough knowledge of business analysis function.
- Experience assessing, designing, and implementing business processes and procedures by leveraging technology for optimal effectiveness.
- Ability to quickly understand business process issues and able to gather the necessary information to document business/technical requirements in an evolving end-user environment.
- Experience translating business information requirements into logical data models, diagrams, and use cases.
- Experience creating mock-ups and iterations.
- Ability to develop test plans and execute end-user testing in a systematic way.
- Experience designing reports to support and facilitate operational workflows and the detection of data integrity issues and system errors.
- Knowledge relating to the design of relational databases, enterprise systems, and/or applications programs.
- Ability to write queries to extract, integrate, and analyze data.
- Knowledge of selective admission office practices.
- Experience working with complex student data.
- Requires interpersonal and communications skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently to conclusion.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team.
- Strong time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
- Ability to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions in support of system users and stakeholders.
- Proven experience working with Campus Solutions in a UC admissions context.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Prefer knowledge of Technolutions Slate and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Experience with ApplyUC.
- Integration experience between Slate and external SIS systems.
- UC Berkeley experience in student services and systems, admissions, registration, enrollment, financial aid, student accounts, advising and/or reporting.
- Prefer experience working with statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, etc.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, 40-hours per week, career position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1663&PostingSeq=1