Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Don't want to subscribe? That's OK too!
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Internal Communications Manager, University Communications
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
If you believe in the mission of higher education—the transformative impact it has on individuals, communities, the country and the world—and want to commit your talents toward enhancing the reputation of one of the nation’s top public research universities, consider joining the University at Buffalo (UB) as its inaugural Internal Communications Manager
In this new position within University Communications
(UC), you will help build better internal understanding and support of UB’s strategic priorities and contribute to a more inclusive and prideful university culture. This position is central in UC’s strengthened internal communications function, serving as a writer and strategist—working alongside the Senior Director of Issues Management and Internal Communications—to implement internal communications strategies and tactics in support of the university’s institutional priorities and goals.
- Independently develops communications plans, strategies, messages, and supporting materials for significant internal initiatives, in partnership with other UC teams.
- Creates and maintains an internal content calendar to track and prioritize university-wide internal communications and assure communications are diverse and inclusive.
- Serves as a contributing writer for UBNow—a daily online newsletter for the UB community—providing internally-focused stories and content that furthers the university’s pursuit of its Top 25 ambition and fosters community pride in UB’s new “True Blue” campaign.
- Monitors and evaluates internal communications effectiveness, awareness, understanding and support—takes appropriate action based on findings and established benchmarks.
- Produces communications and content to highlight major student and faculty awards and achievements.
- Creates and sustains collaborative partnerships with unit-based communicators and stakeholders throughout the university.
- Represents UC on university-wide committees, collaborating and coordinating with stakeholders to lead and support the development of short-term and long-term internal communications and plans for various initiatives.
About the University at Buffalo (UB):
is a flagship of the State University of New York, one of the nation’s leading public universities, and a great place to work, with benefits including comprehensive health and retirement plans, robust professional development opportunities, and a demonstrated commitment to wellness and work/life balance.
The university is committed to advancing, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and believes that excellence in research, teaching and service can be achieved when varied perspectives are engaged. UB is actively seeking to recruit and retain a more diverse workforce that better reflects our city and our student body.
About University Communications (UC):
is the central unit at UB responsible for university-level communications, media relations, marketing and branding, and issues management. Our office of nearly 40 communications pros has expertise across the communications spectrum, and we are passionate about using our talents to elevate and enhance UB’s reputation across the country and the world.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuits – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience or Master’s degree or professional certification with 1 year of experience
- Proven track record in organizational, news or higher education communications
- Exceptional writing, editing and communications skills for internal and external audiences, including experience with AP writing style
- Experience developing, executing and evaluating internal communication plans.
- Highly organized, must be able to respond to multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work with a focus on university priorities
- Maintained high standards and quality of work during times of time-pressure and tight deadlines
- Comfortable working with complex or sensitive information
- Strong research and interviewing skills and ability to seek out relevant information from internal subject-matter experts and tailor messages to various audiences
- Sound problem identification, judgment, resolution and decision-making skills often in ambiguous situations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office computer software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint )
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong personal ethics
- Exceptional communications judgment, a service mind-set and a collegial approach to working with colleagues and university partners
- Five or more years’ experience in organizational communications, media relations, journalism, or higher education communications
- Experience working in a complex, decentralized environment
- Proven experience developing, executing and evaluating internal communication plans for a large, complex organization.
- Experience in absorbing large amounts of information and distilling it into compelling, clear, and consistent messaging
- Willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills to enrich personal and professional development
- Ability and high comfort level working with all employee levels, including senior decision makers
- Evidence of working independently and within a team
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |