Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Associate Director of Admissions, EWMBA (4509U), Haas School of Business - 39982
University of California, Berkeley
Associate Director of Admissions, EWMBA (4509U), Haas School of Business - 39982
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all. Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
The Berkeley Haas MBA Programs for Working Professionals admissions team oversees recruitment and admissions for the Haas Evening and Weekend MBA and the MBA for Executives programs.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 08/10/2022.
Provides in-depth information on admissions requirements, prerequisite courses, school/college programs and curricula, specific financial aid criteria, and career opportunities.
- Deliver presentations about the programs and represent the School at admissions activities on campus, online, through-out the Bay Area and western United States as well as at corporate/professional organization events.
- Counsel prospective applicants regarding admission requirements, Haas programs, and preparation for MBA study.
Uses extensive knowledge of college/school/department requirements and applicant pool, to assess the applicants' overall record and experience for final admissions determination and recommendation.
- Evaluate and select students for the Evening and Weekend MBA program, including reading/reviewing applications and interviewing MBA candidates which includes:
- Assessing academic preparedness of applicants.
- Evaluating transcripts and international records for eligibility.
- Assessing applicants for motivation, initiative, leadership potential, work/life experience, extracurricular activities, socioeconomic status, disability, and educational/personal hardship.
- Sit on the Admissions Committee for the Evening and Weekend MBA Program, and make admissions decisions from a selective applicant pool.
- Assist with annual assessment of application and improvements.
Plans, manages and implements initiatives to enhance recruitment and yield, diversity initiative events, mentoring programs, electronic communications, and similar activities, including:
- Develop and implement admissions communication and engagement strategy. Work with partners to identify trends, define actions, and execute the communications plan.
- Serve as primary point of contact with student leaders and alumni relations, leading their involvement with recruitment and yield efforts, e.g. serving as panelist or speakers for admissions events, student-admit matching.
- Guide and oversee yield activities designed to convert admitted students to enrollees, including class visits, admit events and receptions.
- Manage marketing and recruitment strategies including assigned diversity efforts, lead identification and outreach.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of recruitment events as assigned.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials and activities (e.g. the Web site, advertising, presentations).
Assesses effectiveness in attracting quality students to Berkley Haas MBA Programs for Working Professionals.
- Conduct data analysis to evaluate effectiveness of recruitment and marketing activities; suggest areas of improvement.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of competitive programs and their offerings.
Professional Learning and Growth
- Embraces the principle of being a "student always" by engaging in opportunities for training, workshops, seminars, continuing education pertinent to the position, or at the suggestion of the supervisor.
- Actively contributes to a team environment that fosters and promotes a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) within the unit and at Haas.
- Engages in ongoing education to promote diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging by completing University sponsored certifications & training sessions (Ie: MEP Workshop, Implicit Bias Certification, LinkedIn Learning workshops, and other workshops & seminars offered by the University or Haas, as they are made available) or by engaging in external seminars & resources related to DEIB.
- Exemplifies Haas' four Defining Leadership Principles: (1) Question the status quo; (2) Confidence without attitude; (3) Students always; and (4) Beyond yourself.
- Minimum 4 years of marketing and/or experience making admissions decisions.
- Can quickly learn and/or have thorough knowledge of the academic programs, policies and procedures including curricula, admissions requirements at colleges/universities and/or UCs in order to interpret and communicate these policies and process to prospective students and the public.
- Strong planning and execution skills, including outstanding organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating a desire to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging to establish and maintain positive & professional working relationships with colleagues, students and team members.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and synthesize large volumes of applicant information.
- Outstanding oral communication skills, including public speaking and presentation, as well as strong written communication skills.
- Familiarity and comfort with software applications and platforms. (e.g. Google Workspace)
- Exemplifies Haas' four Defining Leadership Principles: (1) Question the status quo; (2) Confidence without attitude;(3) Students always; and (4) Beyond yourself.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must be available to work some evening and weekends for recruitment events.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a business, organization or public university setting.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Familiarity with MBA programs and admissions selectivity of US business schools including understanding of industries and functions of the MBA candidates pool.
- Corporate experience.
- Familiarity with Hubspot and/or Slate software applications.
Salary & Benefits
This is a 100% time (40-hrs a week), monthly paid, exempt position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience up to $77,388.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=39982&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |