Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
The Director, Information Technology for Operations will work closely with executive leadership in the Operations Division to provide strategic leadership, vision, planning, and support for IT solutions that enhance and advance business objectives. Client areas include: Campus Planning, Dining, Facilities, Auxiliary Services (events, transportation/parking/fleet, bookstore, mail), Public Safety, Capital Projects, and Real Estate. This position will plan, design, and lead all technical efforts for the Operations area and will be responsible for identifying, recommending, developing, implementing, and supporting cost-effective technology solutions that allows the Operations Division to effectively carry out their business and strategic initiatives. The Director will work closely with other leaders in Operations and TTS to understand, provide guidance and advise on all technical needs including support of existing applications and new IT acquisitions. They will be responsible for implementing standards to ensure that technology is enabling Operations is its key priorities, and that technology is deployed with consistency and long-term sustainability in the division. They will work closely with end users to help address and solve critical business and functional needs and problems by providing business analysis, end to end process design, and identification and translation of business requirements into technical specifications. The work designation for this position is on-campus, however, there is on occasion some flexibility for remote work.
What We're Looking For
Minimum Required Experience, Education, Background, And Certifications/Licenses
• Skills and knowledge typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 10+ years of progressive management
• Working knowledge and understanding of the Operations business
• Expert collaboration and customer service skills and demonstrated experience building and maturing relationships at all levels of an organization to align technology solutions with functional needs.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate strategy and project status to a diverse client and partner base consisting of both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively set goals and priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure from multiple competing deadlines; ability to exercise sound judgment in proactive problem-solving.
• Technical background in IP networking, understanding databases and SQL, large-scale data collection and analysis, application and system architecture
• Be comfortable meeting with senior leaders and comfortable with sleeves rolled up in the field addressing technology issues
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, etc.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of facilities operations
• Experience with ESRI or other GIS mapping software, Maximo
• Experience with building controls, including HVAC, lighting, electrical and other utility metering, AFDD; related technologies including Modbus, BACnet, DALI