Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Director of Student Support Services
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University at Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC)
is seeking applications for a Director of Student Support Services .The BEOC
provides economically and educationally disadvantaged residents in the Western New York area tuition-free academic programs, workforce development training and certifications and gainful employment opportunities.
The Director of Student Support Services provides leadership, direction and oversight for a large unit comprised of professional classified staff that deliver outreach, recruitment, admissions, alumni and student development, counseling and academic advisement, career services, registration and records, student retention, and student health and safety services for the BEOC
The Director has the principal responsibility to create, implement and oversee organizational systems essential to ensure a seamless, integrated experience for students.Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership for student support services staff.
- Supervise and provide direct oversight of supervisory staff responsible for day-to-day supervision of staff providing outreach, recruitment, admissions, counseling and academic advisement, and enrollment management.
- Provide oversight and direction for processing and resolution of student matters involving disciplinary actions, discriminatory incidents or student health and safety matters.
- Collaborate with Director of Instructional Services and other Senior Management in the development and implementation of services, practices and procedures to improve enrollment and student retention.
- Participate in and provide leadership as assigned in efforts to develop external resources to support and enhance the Center’s delivery of programs, training and support services to its target population and communities.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of processes and procedures that directs enrollment, attendance and entry of student information into their permanent files in the Student Information System and hard copy.
- Provide oversight and direction to supervisory staff on matters related to student counseling, case management, academic advisement, student support services, and career services.
For 40 years, the BEOC
has been in the forefront of providing opportunities through education for economically and educationally disadvantaged citizens in Western New York. The BEOC
makes real education and real success a tangible possibility for everyone lifting the community one success story at a time. To learn more about the Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center, visit us online at http://www.buffalo.edu/eoc.html
.Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Master’s degree in student personnel administration, education, counseling, social work, or related area.
- 3 years’ experience (including supervision) at a senior administrative level in admissions, enrollment management and/or student affairs or student support services is required. Experience working directly with programs that serve diverse populations and underserved students in an adult education setting.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have demonstrated success in leading, motivating and holding accountable a diverse group of enrollment management and/or student services professionals, particularly within a changing organizational environment.
- The successful candidate should have a proven track record of success in meeting or exceeding enrollment and retention goals.
- A thorough understanding of student services organizational models, especially relative to retention and completion for culturally diverse, economically disadvantaged and underserved adult student populations, is highly desirable.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |