Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Health Services IT Manager
The Health Services IT Manager provides advanced, specialized knowledge to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate the Health Services IT program in collaboration with the Director of Student and Alumni Services and Health Services. This role is responsible for the development of suitable strategies that support the growth and goals for Health Services, in alignment with University strategic goals and objectives.
The Health Services IT Manager oversees all systems and applications used by Health Services including but not limited to the multiple Electronic Medical Records (EMR) that support student health and occupational health. This position leads the support and delivery, evaluation of new systems, applications and projects, identifies risks across the Health Services department, assesses performance and provides oversight of day-to-day IT operations.
What You'll Do
Health Services IT Oversight
- Develops goals and strategies for programs/projects in collaboration with Director(s)
- Manages day to day IT Health Services systems operations ensuring performance and communication
- Plans, implements and evaluates the progress of IT work
- Contributes to implementing changes, policies and procedures as necessary.
- Manages application support and delivery by evaluating incoming requests.
- Identify and resolve technical aspects of user issues
- Oversee software updates and upgrades
- Helps ensure that systems meet Tufts security, privacy, compliance, accessibility and other legal requirements
- Translate functional needs into detailed technical designs and work plans
- Champions and implements industry IT Best Practices, policies and processes
- In partnership with Health Services, implement and maintain software packages and facilitate continuous improvement of operations through expanded use of the software over time and become expert user of software packages under management
Communications & Client Relationship Management
- Conduct regular program reviews and report progress to senior management
- Contributes to the implementation of IT communication to business partners regarding IT workload status and deliverables
- Presents information and results to management in relation to the IT Program
- Owns customer relationship management to plan, implement, and support the Health Services IT Program
- Help ensure adequate system training for new staff members
- Act as liaison between TTS, Health Services, and vendors
What We're Looking For
- Skills and experience typically acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ years’ of work experience
- In depth experience with one or more Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and other healthcare systems
- Ability to gather, interpret and analyze complex data
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills; ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholder, cross-functional projects including detailed project management
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong software systems aptitude
- Experience in a complex, decentralized higher education institution
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, FERPA, GDPR and other relevant security and privacy regulations and laws
- Natural curiosity; Thrives on continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Methodology and current technology trends (SaaS, Cloud, basic Cybersecurity)
Minimum $102,400.00, Midpoint $128,050.00, Maximum $153,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |