University Centers and Events (UCE), provides quality programs, services, and facilities that enhance the educational experience and create a community for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests. We assist students to become good citizens of a global community prepared to function in a diverse world.
The event support specialist oversees part-time staging assistants and is directly responsible for setting open lounge spaces, meeting rooms and large multi-function ballroom spaces; and performing minor custodial duties as needed. Tasks are in coordination with the event scheduling staff and supervised directly by the Director. The event support specialist utilizes Event Management System and Computer Aided Design software to print daily event reports and event space designs to accomplish daily tasks.
High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years related experience with some experience in a lead or supervisory role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
- Ability to direct and manage the work of others.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
- Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting.
- Familiar with the campus-wide safety guidelines and procedures that may require wearing protective footwear and or support belts.
- Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to establish rapport, maintain and build ongoing positive relationships with college students, campus staff and all visitors to the University Union.
Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests.
Familiarity with event staging and support services.
Familiarity with space management software.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.