Tufts University’s University College (UC), established as a school within Tufts in 2018, is dedicated to programming that meets the educational needs of learners, wherever they are on their learning journey. Today, UC’s programmatic areas include Tufts Professional & Custom Education Programs, Tufts Pre-College Programs, and Tufts Lifelong Learning & Osher Institute. The school is expected to grow substantially in the future to include custom / professional education, Pre-k through grade 8 programs, English Language Learning, and interdisciplinary degrees and certificates. University College offers a fast-paced, nimble environment made up of highly-trained professionals who love the higher education environment and are committed to providing world class education in the 21st century to a wide variety of students. University College is well-positioned to develop a distinctive presence in the greater Boston landscape as part of a diverse and accessible institution that makes learning and engagement with education of all kinds for all people a part of its core mission.
This role specifically serves University College’s Tufts Pre-College Programs (TPP) department. Tufts Pre-College Programs’ mission is to extend Tufts-quality education to high school students to enrich their academic experience and Tufts’ academic community with new student learners early in their learning journey. Tufts Pre-College Programs has a portfolio of 13 summer programs, including 2 programs that extend through the academic year, that range from semester-long and 6-week college experiences to shorter 1-3 week intensives, with plans to grow the portfolio both in the summer and in the academic year
What You'll Do
In collaboration with Tufts Pre-College Programs Director and Associate Director, the Systems Program Administrator participates in the development of goals and strategies for the unit and is a critical player in every detail of the daily operations of the programs, including serving as program manager (in collaboration with program staff) for specific programs and participating in onsite program management during the summer. Provides input on student nurturing (email and phone), social media, and other campaigns in order to successfully drive student enrollment and satisfaction. Establishes and analyzes trackable performance metrics for all elements of each program and makes recommendations for improvement. Produces a variety of documents, reports and proposals for overall program and department management and development. Initiates and responds to inquiries and provides detailed information to constituents. Organizes and maintains files, websites, and databases; designs and updates student admissions applications and other forms for data entry. The position engages with the rest of the department as a team player, ready to help where needed, problem solve, and work towards the greater good of the University as a whole. Must have the ability to manage and evaluate competing priorities and to execute the day-to-day. This position is for someone who gets things done, who has an all-hands-on-deck mentality, and who is comfortable having clear performance targets and being measured against them on a regular basis.
Among other program administrator responsibilities described above, this position will ideally serve as a support for our systems management and integration and will be the liaison to our Tufts Technology team.
What We're Looking For
● Knowledge & Skills as typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a professional work environment
● Microsoft Office Suite, strong excel skills
● Able to use email, social media platforms, survey analysis tools, and various digital tools and applications
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Strong project management skills
● Strong communications and relationship management skills
● Ability to adapt to quickly-changing priorities
● Must be collaborative and a team player
● Positive attitude and a constantly proactive thinker
● All hands on deck attitude
● Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years’ experience in a professional work environment
● Prior experience in program development and/or program management
● Knowledge of or experience in program subject matter preferred (see Pre-College Programs Portfolio)
● Customer service or marketing experience preferred
● Prior experience working within/maintaining application, enrollment management, registration, or relational database software/platforms
● Prior systems management and analytical experience preferred in the following data platforms:
○ Technolutions Slate, Oracle Peoplesoft SIS, Modern Campus Destiny One
● Skilled in effectively communicating complex systems topics to a non-technical audience
● Track record of effectively training colleagues in systems skills
● Knowledge of SQL or other query languages a plus
● Prior experience working with students in grades Pre-K-12, or equivalent, preferred
Minimum $51,400.00, Midpoint $64,250.00, Maximum $77,100.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.