Molecular Biology and Microbiology is a Basic Science Department of the Medical School with 16 full time faculty and a graduate program in Molecular Microbiology. Faculty are committed to teaching in the Medical, Medical Masters and Dental Schools as well as in programs of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts School of Medicine
What You'll Do
Under limited supervision, the Staff Assistant will perform complex and diverse duties for the department and serves as a source of information and problem solving for students, faculty, and staff, as well as for the public. The Staff Assistant will provide administrative support including coordinating meetings, special events, and travel arrangements as well as producing, proofreading and editing complex reports, documents and spreadsheets. This position may also be involved in the scheduling and coordinating of travel and itinerary for seminar speakers
- Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment
Organizes and schedules appointments and meetings.
- Serves as department contact and resource for internal and external customers and researches and resolves customer problems and concerns.
Prepares and drafts letters, memos, reports, syllabi, brochures, newsletters and other material for department
Proofreads and edits documents; designs layout and graphics for materials
Researches and organizes information to produce a variety of documents or reports for the department.
Creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases and prepares reports, tables and charts.
What We're Looking For
- Consistent attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills are critical
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including word processing, editing, graphics, spreadsheet and database knowledge
- Bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.