The Operations Coordinator will assist the Associate Director of Financial Services and Operations with the operation of the Information Center including supervision of student staff. Additional responsibilities include, expansion, innovation and marketing of current services (specifically the student shuttle service), management of FSC van requests, and other duties as assigned.
This position is a 10-month, 20 hour per week, non-benefits eligible position. Availability on nights and weekends may be required.
Student Engagement strives to create an inclusive atmosphere that fosters personal and professional growth through leadership, programming, service opportunities and new student programs. Built on the foundation of the Fisher Student Center, the "living room of the campus," we provide the services and programs which enhance the life of our community. Our team supports, challenges and mentors students, employees and organizations to fulfill the mission and vision of Bryant University.
1. Assist with the management and marketing of current Information Center services while generating new services that are relevant to student needs. Responsible for ordering supplies and keeping records of current inventory.
2. Assist the Associate Director with supervision and training of the Information Center Associates; act as a mentor and resource for the Information Center Associate team by modeling excellent customer service and communication skills. Will be responsible for the hiring, training and performance review of the student staff team.
3. Oversight and management of transportation services while paying close attention to the needs of our international students during holiday breaks and storms.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and implement action items.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative and use sound judgement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate, build and maintain professional relationships with others.
- Ability to engage, motivate, and supervise students.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS: Best served by a person with:
- Undergraduate degree in student personnel, business or management. Master’s degree in student personnel or higher education administration preferred.
- Prior management experience or relevant transferable skills.