Facilities Maintenance II - Finishes Technician
: Staff - Full-Time
The Finishes Technician will support the University in maintaining a safe and effective learning and work environment for students, faculty and staff by maintaining, repairing, and sustaining the aesthetic and functional qualities of UVU facilities. The Finishes Technician installs, maintains, and repairs a variety of finishes on campus, including, but not limited to: painting, drywall, cabinetry, counter-tops, carpeting, floor and wall coverings, installing and hanging decorative finishes, and other miscellaneous job-related duties. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
- Graduated with a standard high school or the equivalent plus one to three years of experience related to key roles and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a valid Drivers License.
* Knowledge of various types of painting and finishing materials and application techniques.
* Knowledge of finishes specialties and building maintenance applications as well as all applicable trades, codes, and standard trade practices.
* Knowledge of different types of floor coverings and installation and repair techniques.
* Knowledge of repair process for walls and surfaces.
* Knowledge of various types of painting and finishes materials and application techniques.
* Skilled in finishes work including painting, drywall repair, carpet, floor coverings, decorative finishes, and general maintenance.
* Skilled in employing a myriad of floor and wall covering methods and techniques.
* Skilled with various hand and power tools common to trade.
* Skilled in applying coatings and/or caulking and completing repairs to exterior and interior surfaces.
* Skilled in wood surface preparation, staining, and/or sealing techniques.
* Skilled in evaluating jobs and determining the appropriate action to take and materials to use.
* Basic computer skills.
* Customer service skills.
* Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
* Ability to select, mix and apply surface coatings which successfully match and/or restore historic interior or exterior surfaces.
* Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
* Ability to read and understand specifications from blueprints and schematic drawings.
* Ability to complete projects to specifications from blueprints and schematic drawings.
Graduation with a standard high school diploma or the equivalent AND 3-5 year(s) experience related to key roles and responsibilities.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job.
Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$34,497 - $43,121
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/27957
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.