Tufts' largest school, the School of Arts and Sciences, is committed to intellectual and artistic engagement through a liberal arts and sciences tradition that prepares our students for a lifetime of learning. Along with its robust undergraduate programs, the School of Arts and Sciences also includes graduate and professional programs through the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) as well as both undergraduate and graduate studio art programs through the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University (SMFA at Tufts). The Arts and Sciences’ Dean's Office oversees the school's academic departments, the teaching and research enterprises, student services, and facilities within these schools, which span two campuses.
Sitting within this office, the Communications and Marketing Office is responsible for internal communications, marketing and graduate enrollment strategies, and enhancing the reputation and visibility of the School of Arts and Sciences within and beyond Tufts. Its portfolio includes the School of Arts of Sciences, SMFA at Tufts, GSAS, and the AS&E Shared Division (with the School of Engineering).
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid role expected to be on campus two days a week, but could be variable depending on specific projects.
The Communications Specialist executes communications strategies that promote the goals and mission of the School of Arts and Sciences. S/he develops high-quality, effective print materials and messaging, including researching and writing effective communications pieces. S/he creates design and layout of publications, researches, recommends and implements communications and marketing projects and strategies, develops design and content for website, and develops content and strategies for social media communications.
This individual evaluates and reports on effectiveness of communications strategies and recommends changes or improvements. S/he monitors budgets, provides guidance to support staff, students and temporary workers and coordinates work with outside vendors and consultants on projects. This position will also support internal and external communications from the A&S Dean’s office. This position will report to the Sr. Communications Specialist and work closely with the entire communications and marketing team to support the schools’ growth and strategic goals.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree in related area of study or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of professional communications experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work professionally with personnel from across the universit.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects with speed and accuracy in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced degree and experience in education or non-profit setting preferred.
- Experience with graphic design preferred.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.