Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
ETS Learning Spaces and Media Specialist
University of San Francisco
ETS Learning Spaces and Media Specialist
Reporting to the Associate Director of Learning Spaces Engineering and Media Services, the Learning Spaces and Media Specialist supports the goals of the University of San Francisco, working with Education Technology Services leadership to achieve its strategic initiatives and operational goals, providing high quality services that benefit the USF community.
This position will be responsible for supporting installation projects for audio, video, and computer technology in classrooms, conference rooms, and other spaces at USF. This role will also provide technical support and services for lecture capture recording systems, live streaming events, video and post-production services for academic and other events. This position will also provide Level 3 support for technical support escalations from other ITS departments.
Full Job Description:
Essential Skill Requirements
- Acting as the lead for the lecture capture system in USF classrooms, providing oversight and support for all aspects of this service, including:
- Ensuring all appliances, video cameras, microphones are functioning and ready to record at all times, working with support technicians to test/repair/replace any faulty devices.
- Creating automated one-time and repeating recordings, courses and other containers for recorded content, creating user accounts and providing access, managing ownership of content, and managing retention policies and storage.
- Act as the main point of support for faculty, staff, and students for lecture capture, resolving all requests and problems related to classroom infrastructure and Universal Capture software issues.
- Ensure all classroom hardware and customer software is up to date, playing a lead role in the deployment of patches and new versions as needed.
- Maintaining and creating documentation, for both customers and internal ITS policies & procedures, and adding new articles to the KnowledgeBase system as needed.
- Act in a lead role for the promotion of the lecture capture services with a goal of continuous improvement for utilization and KPI metrics.
- Manage tasks and/or projects to completion for Learning Spaces Engineering as assigned by Associate Director, including projects related to new or upgraded AV installations and the annual AV Refresh projects.
- Provide Level 3 technical support, acting as an escalation path for support teams in ITS for problems with AV on campus.
- Act in a lead role for all live streaming events requested from Media Services, including creating and providing the live streaming environment, testing and setup of all AV and networking hardware, and all closed captioning services that must be contracted.
- Evaluate and improve quality of image and sound for Media Services recordings through post-production processing, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current state-of-the-art technologies and best practices in areas relevant to Learning Spaces Engineering and Media Services, including presentation systems, audio/video equipment, recording and streaming technologies, and standard USF computer hardware.
- As a Media Services videographer, provide high-quality recordings, editing and post-production work the final version, and prepare the digital files and/or online posting for media streaming.
- Input and maintain detailed, accurate data in trouble tickets for purposes of tracking, escalating and reporting issues.
- Provide regular reports to management on project progress, highlighting any accomplishments or challenges.
- Maintain a high level of communication and collaboration with all technology support departments to ensure prompt and effective resolution of problems.
- Assist in the creation of departmental operating guidelines, procedures, and documentation.
- Provide guidance to student assistants, assigning departmental tasks and providing training when required.
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field, or a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use and support for AV presentation technologies relevant to classrooms and professional environments; including standard presentation equipment, Extron and other control and switching equipment, audio/video systems, design, configuration, and installation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with professional cameras and audio equipment, including but not limited to video cameras, wired and wireless microphone solutions, and digital recording appliances and techniques.
- Experience with live streaming software and hardware as well as closed captioning tools for pre-recorded as well as live streaming.
- Demonstrated proficiency with post-production tools, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition.
- Experience managing installation projects of computers and AV presentation systems highly desirable.
- Strong customer service skills required.Must be highly service oriented, dependable, enthusiastic, energetic and eager to assist high quality support to the USF community.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, faculty and staff.
- Ability to work productively in teams, or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
- Energetic, self-directed, motivated and professional individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to learn and support new technology solutions quickly and effectively.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy equipment up to 45 lbs. (e.g. projectors, projection screens, more)
- Ability to travel and work modified shifts as necessary.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/ETS-Learning-Spaces-and-Media-Specialist_R0002465.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |