The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. We offer high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats, and exotic pets.
The Central Sterilization Department provides general functions to the hospital including decontamination, cleaning, inspecting, assembling, packaging, sterilizing, and distribution of instruments and packs used for patient care throughout the hospital.
What You'll Do
The Central Sterile Technician’s work supports an integrated clinical care team that provides high quality medicine and nursing care to our patients.
Retrieve, decontaminate, clean, inspect, assemble, pack, sterilize, and distribute instruments and packs used for patient care throughout the hospital. Make sure all packs are complete and instruments are in proper working order.
Perform computerized scanning and tracking of the SAH SX implant inventory.
Process laundry (surgery towels, drapes) for the ORs and Large Animal Hospital.
Acts in accordance to established procedures to maintain knowledge competence to ensure uninterrupted supply of equipment, instruments and supplies to support supply chain.
Orders supplies from designated vendors
- Maintains inventory of all supplies
The schedule for this position is a flexible Monday through Friday position. Part-time (3 days) will be considered.
What We're Looking For
- High School graduate or the equivalent with minimum one-year related work experience in the veterinary technology or medical field.
- Basic computer skills; WORD, Excel.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willing to train a new graduate of Central Processing Certification Program.
- Knowledge of how to properly clean/decontaminate basic medical and surgical instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of sterile processing equipment; ultrasonic cleaner, autoclave, Steris VHP sterilizer.
- Basic knowledge of surgical instruments.
- Knowledge of electronic medical systems preferred
Minimum $18.35, Midpoint $21.43, Maximum $24.50
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.