Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Windows Administrator
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for a Senior Windows System Administrator to join the Technology department. Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Manager, the Senior Windows System Administrator provides technical leadership on industry best practices (both process and technical) in the management, administration, and configuration of systems and servers in both stand-alone and VMware Virtual environments. From automation and scripting to server security and systems support, the Senior Windows System Administrator will manage and secure an enterprise fleet of servers in a multi-platform environment.
As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates with a commitment to these values and an ability to work with individuals from a broad range of identities and perspectives.
- Configure and maintain Windows servers, both stand-alone and in a VMware Virtual Server environment.
- Administer Active Directory;
- Application management and administration;
- Apply automation and scripting for patch management among other system administration tasks;
- Maintain server security and operating system migration;
- Configure and maintain enterprise storage as well as server backup and restores;
- Provide remote support and asset management;
- Design, develop, test, automate, deploy and support applications and complex systems in a mixed (Windows, Unix, Linux) server environment;
- Manage the enterprise lifecycle from implementation to deployment, security enhancements, upgrades as well as capacity management;
- Apply and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes for Simmons Technology's knowledge base;
- Develop and facilitate end-user classroom, online, or vendor-delivered training in both group and one-on-one settings;
- Create and maintain technical and end user documentation;
- Maintain release notes and help documentation, ensuring that Simmons's collaboration tools reflect the final content of the release;
- Maintain and groom product backlog for future configurations and enhancements.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in the technical field required;
- 3+ years' experience performing systems administration in a managed enterprise of at least 100 Windows servers;
- 3+ years' experience with VMware server virtualization, enterprise storage environments (SAN, NAS), and Active Directory administration;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills;
- Strong time management, prioritization and organization skills;
- Experiencing integrating AD with enterprise applications;
- MS Powershell certification required;
- Certification preferred in one or more of the following: MCSA, MCSE, MCSM, Intermediate scripting skills (VBScript, Perl, PHP).
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Senior-Windows-Administrator_R05997
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |