University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Operation, maintenance, and repair of multiple and various building mechanical systems and infrastructure, including, but not limited to, co generation facilities, and attending duties.
Full Job Description:
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the maintenance engineer shall, if and when called upon, perform any or all of the following skilled and technical duties, but not necessarily limited to the following:
1. Operation, maintenance and repair of all boilers, heaters, pumps,
valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam
and heated or processed water.
2. Operation, repair and maintenance of refrigerant compressors,
condensors, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves,
stop valves, and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines
and devices used to control temperatures.
3. Operation, repair and maintenance of pumps handling brines,
or other secondary refrigerating liquids together with all valves,
appurtenances and lines in the system.
4. Operation, maintenance and repair of air compressors, together
with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
5. Operating, maintenance and repair of all natural and manufactured
gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
6. Operation, repair and maintenance of water filters, softeners,
piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution,
including all sinks and toilet bowls including supply lines and
7. Operation, repair and maintenance of all types of motors or engines
used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
8. Any and all work not specifically enumerated above, but which is
customarily performed by maintenance engineers.
9. Repair and installation of locks, keys, hardware, doors and those
duties related to locks.
The Maintenance Engineer shall assist the Chief Engineer and the Assistant
Chief Engineer in the performance of the duties above enumerated.
Education, experience, and/or training to perform the duties of the position at the stationary engineer level. Must possess the physical abilities to perform the duties of the job. Available to work all shifts. A valid California driver's license and a clean driving record.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Maintenance-Engineer_R0001796.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.