Assistant Coordinator, Recruiting & Creative Content (5173U) - 1604 - 1604
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 23, 2019
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Assistant Coordinator for Recruiting and Creative Content who will work within the department's Women's Basketball unit.
The Assistant Coordinator of Recruiting and Creative Content is a hybrid role that will assist the coaching staff with the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and develop creative content (video and graphics) to be used for the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and for use on Cal Women's Basketball social media. This includes creating and maintaining recruiting databases, recruiting efforts utilizing social media, creation of graphics for recruiting purposes, and assisting with campus visits.
This position will work with the Director of Video to coordinate the video shoots, and will be directly responsible for the creative strategy, storyboarding, and editing. This position will require creativity and a strong foundation in video editing, photography, production and understanding of the college athletics landscape. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining the visual brand of Cal Women's Basketball through photography, videography, and working closely with department video producers, graphic designers, and social media managers to ensure the execution of this brand.
- Oversee the daily student-athlete recruiting operational and logistical processes for Women's Basketball.
- Maintain recruitment database, create and update recruiting lists at the direction of the coaching staff.
- Ensuring all activities are compliant with NCAA rules and regulations in conjunction with our Intercollegiate Athletics Compliance Recruitment & Eligibility Coordinator.
- Plan and creates intercollegiate athletics specific visual solutions to communications problems in support of the operational and strategic aspects of the Women's Basketball program.
- Find the most effective way to get intercollegiate athletics' messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
- Take photos of the team during photo shoots, practices, and games.
- In conjunction with Marketing department, develop and coordinate social media efforts for Women's Basketball team.
- Deliver compelling programs that maximize reach, engagement, and impact for the Women's Basketball brand on a local and global scale.
- Coordinate content and the maintenance of Women's Basketball social media accounts (i.e. community management, promotional sweepstakes, analytics) with the goal of growing and engaging our social media community.
- Ensures all materials adhere to brand identity and guidelines of Cal Athletics.
- Maintain consistent style, themes, and marketing strategies for all Women's Basketball creative content.
- Assist coaching staff with the planning and coordination of official and unofficial visits to campus including the arranging and follow through of all logistics (i.e. itineraries, travel, hotel, hosts, meals, compliance paperwork, complimentary tickets, etc.) and the completion and submission of required paperwork and expense reports related to events and activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Division 1 College Basketball
- Problem-solving skills; multi-task, work with frequent interruptions, and effective listener.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Self-motivated. Ability to adapt to new challenges and finds ways to solve them.
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of current social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc) and how to create, implement, and execute a social media strategy and calendar
- Working knowledge to maintain files and image storage.
- Skills to effectively produce videos that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
- Ability to capture live sporting events with single-camera coverage and a documentary all-access style.
- Ability to edit footage to use for a variety of formats including television and Internet.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
- Knowledge of current NCAA Compliance rules and regulations regarding recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent years training/experience.
- Previous experience in a Division 1, Power 5 Basketball program.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 40-hours per week, 12 month, temporary (Contract) position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1604&PostingSeq=1