Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Admin Support IV - Development
Utah Valley University
Admin Support IV - Development
: Staff - Full-Time
Reporting directly to the AVP of Major Gifts and Development Programs, the Administrative Support IV actively coordinates a dynamic portfolio of multidisciplinary and interdepartmental development initiatives. This position performs advanced and highly confidential support duties and directly supports the needs and initiatives of the AVP and is the office manager for the Major Gifts team. The primary focus is to coordinate activities that support, enhance, and leverage the Major Gift Officer's engagement, cultivation, and stewardship of high-priority, high-contact donor prospects. Exercising outstanding initiative, judgment, creativity, and discretion, this position works collaboratively with many campus units and executives, high level donors, and key volunteers.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree and one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties or an associates degree and three years of experience related to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education and/or experience totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of best practices in internal and external communications, correspondence, and appropriate matters of etiquette in various settings or vehicles.
- Knowledge of databases and accounting software.
- Knowledge of fund development field helpful.
- Exceptional customer service orientation skills.
- Outstanding phone etiquette.
- Basic bookkeeping and budget tracking skills.
- Strong editing and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and web browsers.
- Professional demeanor and poise.
- Ability to respond effectively to change and to anticipate potential changes and act accordingly.
- Ability to successfully enact strategic changes affecting multiple stakeholders, including high level university leaders.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, project-focused environment populated with diverse individuals, opinions, and backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively handle confidential and sensitive matters with appropriate caution and discretion.
- Ability to conduct online research
Event management experience.
General office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$31,675 - $39,593
STA157318 Institutional Advancement Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please include 3 business references within the application.
Priority consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the review start date. This advertisement is subject to close at any time.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12474
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |