The Financial Aid Office is seeking an Assistant Director to represent the Director of Financial Aid in their absence and is responsible for the overall administration of the financial aid operations unit and the customer service unit in accordance with federal and state regulatory requirements and institutional policies and procedures; work flow and resource management and staff training and development. The Assistant Director will provide financial aid assistance and counseling to students, parents and staff on the phone, via email and in person on an as needed basis. In this position, you will:
- analyze federal and state regulatory requirements for the development and implementation of institutional policies and procedures
- evaluate existing business processes to realize overall efficiencies
- establish and monitor service levels
- provide accurate financial aid policies and procedures to the operations and customer units to ensure accurate information is disseminated to students and parents
- direct the processing of federal grants and loan programs; state grants and scholarship programs
- assist with preparing required reports for the institution, government agencies and private donors
- supervise professional and clerical staff
- provide financial aid assistance and counseling to students, parents and staff
- lead and participate in office and campus-wide committees
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Evenings and weekends as needed to meet the business needs. Some travel may be required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive and progressive financial aid experience
- Knowledgeable in state and federal financial aid programs, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and customer service skills are essential
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in a supervisory role
Master’s Degree preferred