The Operations Division serves the four Tufts University campuses: the main Medford/Somerville campus, the Boston Health & Sciences campus, the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts and the Grafton Veterinary campus together encompassing 170 buildings and 5.1million gross square feet. A broad range of services are provided to support the university campuses including facilities services, capital program management, campus planning and renewal, campus engineering and energy management, event services and public safety. Together, these functions are responsible for the efficient, cost effective and safe operations of our university as well as the maintenance and management of our university assets to support our research and educational mission, vision and values.
TUFTS UNIVERSITY IS COMMITTED TO THE ENGAGEMENT OF ITS EMPLOYEES IN SOLUTIONS AND METHODS THAT RECOGNIZE THE POWER OF CULTIVATING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND ENSURING OUR PROMINENCE AS AN ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARD BY ENLIVENING DISCUSSION AND BEHAVIORS THAT PROMOTE UNIVERSITY INVESTMENT IN ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE YET ECONOMICALLY DEFENSIBLE SOLUTIONS.
What You'll Do
The Operations Division at Tufts University is looking for a Business Systems Program Manager to join the Business Operations team. The Business Systems Program Manager interfaces across several business departments to proactively evaluate, design, execute and monitor business processes to ensure that outcomes are in harmony with the Divisions strategic goals. The Business Operations Department utilizes the Maximo Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM) and its associated technologies (including building information modeling, geospatial, mobile, and analytical software), as its foundational technology from which underlying business processes and data driven solutions emerge. The Business Systems Program Manager must be able to connect the capabilities of emerging developments in Maximo with new processes and capabilities and then execute these new processes systematically, operationally and culturally.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on, and resourceful individual that can understands that enhancing process effectiveness requires continuous improvement, constant training and support, making adjustments and empowering employees. He/She has excellent communications skills, can translate difficult concepts into understandable components and influence employees at all levels of the organization. He/She must possess the ability to balance maintenance of current process and systems with continuous innovation.
The normal work schedule is 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday however infrequently, there may be intermittent on-call requirements.
What We're Looking For
- 5 years of experience working with CMMS systems, relational databases, analytical software, geospatial systems and mobile technologies / facilities or constituent service delivery processes.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing moderate to large change initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record developing and implementing solutions from the business operations side/service delivery incorporating both business side and IT side of project delivery.
- Ability to influence change and train others on how to adapt to new systems, processes. Experience in project and deliverable management and execution, solid problem-solving capabilities and communication / collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively design and independently execute solutions that acknowledge interdependencies with up and down-stream technologies, processes, people and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders, build trust with colleagues, and be adaptive and comfortable leading change.
- Broad experience with and knowledge of operating activities including purchasing, materials, production processes and engineering.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, familiar with Enterprise Management Systems such as PeopleSoft and familiar with financial and project management software, databases and related tools
- Strong oral and written communication and business presentation skills.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in business, facilities management, computer science, or related field.
- Experience implementing underlying processes and technologies supporting asset management, computerized maintenance management, geospatial and building information modeling including MAXIMO, ArcGIS, ArcPro, VFA,
Experienced with CMMS, RELATIONAL DATABASES, GEOSPATIAL MAPPING, AND REPORTING systems, preferably in a Higher Educational, Non-profit, or Government Setting.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Required to be on site during emergency situations related to weather and/or man made such as power outages and scheduled utility shut downs.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.