Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Application Support Analyst (Eligible for Partial or Full Remote)
Application Support Analyst (Eligible for Partial or Full Remote)
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
The DAIA Application Support Analyst owns the support of mission critical Enterprise Applications at Simmons. That includes both working closely with our business users but also maintaining a strong open relationship with our vendors. An Application Support Analyst works collaboratively as a business partner with cross-organizational groups, including Technology, Enrollment Management, Student Financial Services, Finance, Registrar and other administrative areas by providing application support, training, reporting, and application related documentation. Desire and ability to develop expertise in multiple applications to support changing needs of the community is a requirement of this role.
This position requires off-hours support. Act as the technology subject matter expert, partnering with technology stakeholders and clients to both address issues and recommend/implement enhancements. The Application Support Analyst will engage with the business users to provide oversight in the translation of complex business needs into requirements that can be used to design and develop technology-based solutions
The Simmons Technology department supports the University in reaching its strategic goals by providing high-quality support. Simmons Technology is committed to providing reliable services, innovative solutions, and excellent support to the Simmons community.
Product Expertise and Operations
- It is preferred that the incumbent have previous knowledge and/or experience with any of the following mission critical business applications:
- TouchNet Financial system
- Ensure all operational functions run as expected and provide triage when there are issues
- Ensure all application maintenance (patches, upgrades, etc.) is performed timely and with minimal disruption to end users
- Coordinate deployment of application changes to production environment following established change management protocols
- Partner with cross functional groups to ensure all stakeholder needs are being met
- Support Service Delivery Team with project work related to assigned application(s), as needed
- Establish Service Level Agreements with relevant stakeholders
- Manage relationship with application vendor, as appropriate
- Collaborate with all of Business Solutions & Strategy to share best practices
- Cross-train other DAIA staff on applications for which this role is responsible and become cross-trained on other applications
- Provide back-up support for other applications on an as needed basis
- Develop expertise as a subject matter expert on assigned application(s), including, end user functionality and all operational functions (e.g. database functionality, inputs, extracts, interfaces, and down-stream data uses)
- Working with Technology management to help define Development best practices
- Become an advocate of process and teamwork
- Mentor junior programmers on new technologies and processes
Data Management, Analytics, & Reporting
- Ensure all operational functions run as expected and provide triage when there are issues in a timely manner with minimal disruptions to the end user.
- Participate in the development of custom integration solutions.
- Review and research issues reported from external/internal customers.
- Evaluate interrelationships in projects to determine how changes/installations of one program will affect others.
- Consult, inform, and test business process, report, and security designs to maximize the effective use of data within Workday
- Proactively research new Workday reporting & analytics features and functionality and determining how best to meet user needs
- Assists in developing and maintaining a roadmap for business technology solutions.
- Captures functional business requirements by gathering, analyzing, and documenting requirements.
- Work with end users to understand reporting needs and develop appropriate reports and reporting timeframes for supported applications
- Establish reporting metrics to assess the success of the application and provide regular reporting to management
- Work with end users to ensure data integrity across platform and into storage warehouse as well as across reporting platforms
- Using a tool appropriate to the situation, be able to manipulate data elements between systems to develop joined reporting and integrations
- It is preferred that the incumbent have previous knowledge and/or experience with any of the following:
- markup languages (e.g. HTML, XML)
- standard file formats (e.g. text delimited, JSON, RSS)
- structured query languages
- Guide Slate Core Team through management of enterprise decisions and change items
- Partner with end users to understand user needs/issues and how they utilized assigned application(s)
- Provide troubleshooting by phone and in person and ensure all issues reach resolution in timely manner with ongoing communication
- Proactively provide information related to functionality changes, known issues or other application related news
- Be available for one-on-one training, as appropriate
- Develop and maintain technical and end user documentation related to assigned application(s)
- Clearly and proactively communicates product enhancements to end users within the context of the overall Strategy Map of the College.
- Establish communication protocols (email, web) for application updates and issues
- Participate in periodic problem analysis meetings and post implementation reviews to document learnings and ensure the continuous improvement of the IT services
- Bachelor's degree in related fields recommended; can be replaced with relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct related experience
- Demonstrated experience of using analytics to inform business decisions
- Proven project management experience preferred
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and innovative skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to handle situations that require unusual sensitivity, diplomacy and composure. May include handling confidential information
- Identify and resolve/redirect problems or issues that require some investigation, analysis and/or interpretation to determine the course of action
- Demonstrated skill in prioritization, developing solutions, promoting collaboration, and embracing technology;
- Demonstrate ability to interact with all levels of the organization within a culturally diverse community;
- Proven ability to remain flexible in the face of change and changing priorities
- Experience in higher education is a plus.
- Computer and software skills required: Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Business Applications, Scheduling/Organizing, Web Development
- Approaches work in an organized and systematic manner. Plans work and time effectively to manage conflicting or shifting priorities and achieve goals aligned with business needs. Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
This position is eligible for partial or full remote work schedule.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Application-Support-Analyst_R08414
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |