Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Systems Administrator II - Audio/Visual Services
Utah Valley University
Systems Administrator II - Audio/Visual Services
: Staff - Full-Time
IT Services at UVU is seeking a Systems Admin to perform installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of AVSE supported systems, networks, and servers. Lead A/V projects from onsite engagement through to delivery. Ensure the proper day-to-day operation of internal A/V technology applications and equipment. Provide third-level support to employees or internal customers in resolving complex or escalated A/V technology issues. Work with business and technical stakeholders to identify how to best execute established Service Level Agreements. Install, configure, and maintain computer systems and associated peripheral equipment. Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues. Perform application administration activities such as creating, modifying, and deleting users, optimizing remote access, and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications. Coordinate with department leadership to schedule the software, hardware, and operating system updates. Execute and enhance system processes and technical documentation, execute back-up procedures, test plans, and reports.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field plus one year of job related experience or any combination of higher education and work experience totaling five years related to Information Technology, one of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Enterprise A/V systems such as: Video management solution, digital signage solutions, video surveillance software, classroom control systems and PC management softwares.
- Knowledge of platform development and administration (operating system installation & config., virtualization technologies, backup & recovery).
- Knowledge of A/V industry standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and application network protocols, firewall management, operating system configuration, anti-virus software, and VPN. Technical experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting camera hardware.
- Basic understanding of enterprise networking (IP Configuration, server configuration VLANs, etc..)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Windows and Mac OS X Operating Systems.
- Basic understanding of directory-based authentication (Active Directory) and network operating systems.
- Basic Knowledge of Crestron Simpl and Simpl+ preferred.
- Interpersonal skills, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Developed organizational skills.
- Skills in technical writing and strategic planning.
- Skills in designing, installing, and troubleshooting IT and AV technology.
- Skills to create and teach IT and AV training materials to large audiences.
- Skills in installing and configuring Crestron and Extron systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to lift and manipulate at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional relationship with faculty, staff and students, and provide exceptional customer service.
Prefer an advanced degree, certification, or additional professional training.
Technology certifications such as Info Comm.
Certified Technology Specialist (CTS-I) and Milestone XProtect Corporate suite preferred.
Prefer at least two years of experience in a field directly related to the summary of Duties; OR any combination of education and experience totaling six years.
Ability to lift and manipulate at least 50 pounds.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
STA212118 IT Services Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/16729
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |