Administrative Assistant II – Development
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Administrative Assistant II position within the University Development and Alumni Relations Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Development, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Development staff, including major gift officers, Directors of Development, and Director of Planned Giving. Primary responsibilities include: drafting and typing correspondence and other documents, overall office support (filing, copying, faxing, telephone back-up, etc.), providing internal and external customer service, coordinating travel arrangements and managing calendars, assisting gift officers in preparing materials for gift officer donor visits, and aiding gift officers in record keeping following donor visits.
1. Manage selected Development staff calendars for all activities, appointments, meetings and travel; make arrangements and coordinate all materials and other necessary details for internal and external meetings, conferences and special events, including agendas, minutes, reports, charts, graphs, presentations and memos; coordinate travel arrangements for the director and senior development officers, as necessary
2. Prepare/compose complex and/or confidential documents; prepare letters, memos and other writing projects for development officers; edit and proof correspondence, proposals and summaries. With Donor Relations, manage gift officer acknowledgement process to ensure accurate and timely acknowledgement of donors’ gifts. Research and assemble highly confidential donor information on Reeher and Banner systems; follow up on necessary correspondence, activities and reports related to donor prospect, preparing information for prioritization and review; assists development officers with follow-up tasks required after a donor visit
3. Provides administrative office support for major gift officers, Directors of Development, and Director of Planned Giving as needed., including filing, copying, faxing, calendaring and telephone back-up in addition to maintaining and ordering office and mailing supplies. Work closely with University Development and Alumni Relations departments that support the major giving efforts-Donor Relations, Gift Accounting, Prospect Management & Research, and Advancement Communications-staying up-to-date on University and UDAR policies and procedures.
4. Manage development officers’ office procedures and processes, including the filing system and ordering of supplies; ensure equipment, materials and space are used effectively
5. Maintain excellent working relationships with all members of the University Development and Alumni Relations staff, the internal university community, and donors; assist with fostering a team dynamic within the advancement office
High school diploma or equivalent
Two years of administrative support experience
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer