University of Idaho
Assistant to the Associate Vice President, Development
University Advancement (Div)
$21.43 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Provides executive assistance for the Associate Vice President for Development and central development staff and will work closely and in collaboration with the Vice President for Advancement Executive Assistant to coordinate efforts. This position will perform high level assignments and ensure effective interoffice communication, management and coordination of the daily operations of University Development, which includes Corporate & Foundation Relations, Annual Giving, Office of Estate & Trust Gift Planning and Principal Gifts. Responsibilities include: managing AVP calendar and travel; assisting and representing the executive level office in communicating with constituents; managing a variety of administrative and special projects; participating in planning and management of meetings, identifying and initiating needed follow-up; serving as a liaison with college, center, unit and university administrators and college staff to increase coordination, communications, responsiveness and effectiveness; providing supervision to department support staff; working in close liaison with advancement staff to achieve goals and objectives.
- Three (3) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Experience supervising office support staff
- Experience planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating special projects
- Experience using a database to retrieve and research information and compile into reports
- Experience analyzing information, identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management/administrators
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Bachelors degree in business or related field OR a combination of education and experience equivalent to five (5) years progressively responsible administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while managing highly sensitive documents and information
- Knowledge of higher education policies, business procedures and organization structure
- Knowledge of advancement functions in higher education, i.e. fundraising, outreach, communications, alumni relations, etc.
- Excellent public relations skills and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For first consideration, please apply by May 22, 2019.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.