Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Director of Center for Innovation & Improvement
Director of Center for Innovation & Improvement
Starting salary range of $65,166- $71,683 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, D62. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Assessment & Accreditation
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Director of the Center for Innovation and Improvement reports to the Executive Director of Assessment and Accreditation. Innovation and Improvement comprises several functional activities, including Lee College's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), supporting institutional goals and initiatives (e.g.,Guided Pathways, Achieving the Dream), developing and providing professional development to faculty and staff, assisting and collaborating with stakeholders in curriculum development and review, supporting an instructional peer-review process, assisting with institutional assessment efforts as needed, and working towards the growth of Lee College's online programmatic offerings.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create a vision for the Center for Innovation and Improvement by identifying and prioritizing institutional needs balanced against priorities and initiatives. This would include identifying strategies to engage the expertise of Lee College's faculty and staff to further the culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide vision, leadership, and management for the Center staff, collaborations around campus, partnerships with other institutions, and Center activities.
- Assess current activities and offerings and develop new programs in collaboration with faculty and staff (and other partners) to advice teaching, student learning, and institutional excellence with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Build a central resource for faculty that promotes effective, inclusive teaching practices, support faculty innovation, and foster a community of engaged teaching practitioners.
- Advance inclusivity and equity in education with the goal of engaging all students, faculty, staff, and institutional collaborations.
- Develop appropriate training and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with all campus stakeholders to develop and grow Lee College's online learning programmatic offerings.
- Ensure the ongoing assessment and continuous improvement of the Center for Innovation and Improvement.
- Support and assist in all aspects of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
- Develop and support a collaborative peer-review professional development process for faculty geared towards teaching excellence and continuous improvement.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Deans, Vice Presidents, and Executive Director of Assessment and Accreditation on the professional development needs, institutional goals and timelines, and administrative priorities.
- Consult with the Registrar in the review of training and development needs of students and staff.
- Participate in advisory and institutional committees.
- Maintain currency in instructional design and teaching excellence by participating in professional development activities.
- Work cooperatively with the Center for Workforce and Continuing Education programming.
- Participate in voluntary and assigned college committees.
- Assist in institutional accreditation (SACSCOC) committees and work.
- Assist in the marketing efforts of the Innovation and Improvement's programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Masters (or higher) degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Three (3) years of teaching experience or three (3) years of work experience as an instructional designer
- Possess a working knowledge of computers and educational technology
- Represent Lee College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public
- Demonstrate creativity, energy, and self-motivation with strong organizational skills
- Assume responsibility and effectively deal with problems, exercising good judgment when making decisions
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with instructional faculty, students, support staff, colleagues, and administration
- Read, understand, and express self clearly and effectively in oral and written communications
- Possess strong leadership and human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse populations and personalities
- Possess a strong general knowledge of curriculum develop, design, and implementation
- Possess a strong general knowledge of regional accreditation (SACSCOC, preferred)
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
(Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5832
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |