This posting is reserved for internal candidates only. Auburn University and Auburn University Montgomery employees. This does not include TES or student workers.
The division of Research and Economic Development is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Assistant, Research. The person in this position provides executive-level administrative support to the Vice President for Research and Economic Development (VPRED). Under general supervision, this position works independently on special projects; makes complicatedly travel arrangements and prepares travel reimbursements; provides assistance in the administration of the main office; exercises discretion and deals with information of a sensitive and confidential nature. Coordinates complex meetings, receptions, and other events for the VPRED, and the division; collaborates and deals with Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development (OVPRED) committees. Exercises discretion and routinely deals with information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
1. Assists the Vice President for Research and Economic Development with all meetings, maintains files, calendars, and confidential information. Coordinates and maintains the Vice President for Research and Economic Development’s calendar and schedules and resolves scheduling conflicts. Plans and coordinates meetings with different groups, committees, and individuals: receptions. and other events consisting of determining date, location, menu, caterer, assistance in guest list, creation/sending invitations and maintaining head count, set up, and ordering whatever is needed for the event(s).
2. Screens phone calls, visitors, and correspondence for the VPRED, and subsequently forwards it to the appropriate unit and/or person. Retrieves and disseminates information to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. Handles both confidential and non-routine information.
3. Compiles information and prepares reports and drafts original and routine correspondence, agendas, etc.
4. Assists with the Associate Vice President for Research’ calendar and scheduling. Prepares complicated travel arrangements and travel reimbursements. Coordinates complicated travel arrangements for the OVPRED as well as travel reimbursements.
5. Interacts with Auburn University officials and special interest groups and maintains positive relationships throughout Auburn.
6. Serves as payroll processing backup for the division. Serves as the Human Resources Liaison backup. Assists the Business Manager posting jobs and processing searches.
7. Provides financial assistance to the Undergraduate Research Program, which consists of project funds disbursements and project funds retrieval at the end of the program year.
8. Serves as the Campus Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT) representative for the OVPRED. Assists with the Faculty Staff Campaign; and any other university activities needing a representative from the OVPRED.
May perform other duties as assigned.