IIRC Database Developers work in small Agile teams (directed by Database Architects or Database Specialists in conjunction with a Project Manager) on the development and maintenance of database systems (typically in SQL) that are required as part of IIRC’s strategic partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Design, develop and manage local database systems; design and develop protocols for data retrieval
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Master’s degree in computer science, OMIS, education, or a related field AND one (1) year of progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, OMIS, education, or a related AND three (3) years of progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession.
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
1. Demonstrated professional work experience utilizing SQL system development and management beyond writing and executing queries.
2. Demonstrated professional work experience in relational database systems.
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Master’s degree in computer science, OMIS or a related field
2. One or more years of experience in SQL database development and management (beyond query-based data extraction and analysis.)
3. Experience in data visualization, especially of educational data, preferred.y.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
1. Experience with SQL system development and management beyond writing and executing queries.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in programming, statistical analysis.
3. Knowledge of learning applications and assessment tools as applied to IIRC’s educational mission strongly preferred.
4. Ability to analyze and select the appropriate emerging technologies that will apply to instructional programs and educational content.
5. Ability to adapt quickly to project requirements for different stakeholders and to shift focus to serve changing project goals.
6. Demonstrable skills in effective interpersonal relations and communication.