Georgia Southern University
Lane Library. The Circulation Assistant provides efficient, consistent and courteous service to library customers. This position is responsible for all activities associated with library operations for the evening and weekend hours including supervising Student Assistants.
- Assists the Circulation Associate in the day to day supervision and training of Student Assistants.
- Assists library users with software, computer equipment, scanners, photocopiers, audiovisual and other library equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance of circulating collections, including shifting and inventory.
- Oversees and coordinates building maintenance, cleanliness and security (including regular closing procedures).
- Maintains Reserves and Electronic Reserves, including scanning, uploading and linking, and following copyright restrictions.
- Maintains routine cash accountability for department.
- Operates library in absence of a librarian or the Circulation Associate.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?:
Minimum Experience Required:
Two of more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to move objects of up to 20 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Associates Degree or higher
Three or more years of related/library/customer service work experience
Up to a budgeted maximum of $28,190
Job Open Date:
Job Closing Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59833
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.