Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Located in the heart of Boston, Simmons University embodies the benefits of a small university in the nation's best University town. Simmons has a cherished history of visionary thinking and social responsibility and a mission that has remained constant for over a century: to provide transformative learning that links passion with lifelong purpose.
Today, Simmons serves nearly 2,000 students in a women-centered undergraduate program and nearly 5,000 students in coeducational graduate programs. Simmons recently embarked on an academic redesign to create four interdisciplinary Universitys. Given the richness and complexity of its offerings, Simmons obtained formal approval and became Simmons University effective September 1, 2018.
The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Center for Student Success, supporting both the Office of Undergraduate Advising and Disability Services. As the first point of contact for both offices, the Administrative Assistant will guide students, parents, staff and faculty as they engage with and seek support from each office. The ideal candidate for this position will embody the existing culture of customer service, respect, inclusion, and teamwork. This position will report to the Director within each office.
As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with individuals across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives.
- Manage the front office including responding to phone calls, mail and e-mail inquiries from faculty, students, staff, parents and external vendors
- Provide general administrative support for both Advising and Disability Services, including, not limited to, photocopying course materials, booking rooms, scanning resources, and ordering supplies and equipment;
- Assist with the preparation and processing of office invoices and expense statements;
- Supervise undergraduate office assistants including: hiring, training, scheduling and approve timesheets for student employees within Workday;
- Coordinate events for students in collaboration with the other administrative assistants and within other University offices;
- Manage the process of converting materials into accessible format for students registered with Disability Services Office;
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistants for Division Chairs, the Dean's Office, and Director of Academic Budgets as necessary;
- Assist with scheduling student/department members' calendars, as requested;
- Abide by FERPA as interpreted by Simmons University and maintain student confidentially;
- Assist in the drafting and creation of department collateral (memoranda, advertisements, brochures and mailings);
- Prepare time sensitive materials for publications and/or grants;
- Handle confidential student medical documentation on behalf of Disability Services;
- Schedule private testing sessions for students with special approved accommodations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience;
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative support position with a focus on customer service (prior experience in higher education preferred);
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and in writing;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to work individually as well as part of a team;
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals;
- Proficient with utilizing Google mail, calendar, documents, and drive.
- Prior experience using Workday and Moodle preferred;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgement, diplomacy and tact;
- Knowledge of and prior experience with conflict management and intervention strategies a plus.
This is a 40 hour per week position.
Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section on the 'My Experience' page of your application.
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Administrative-Assistant_R05538
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |