Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Technical Operations Analyst
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for a Technical Operations Analyst to join the Technology Department. Reporting to the Director, Data Analytics, Integration and Architecture, the Technical Operations Analyst will own the support for all mission critical Enterprise Applications for the University. From providing application support and training to developing application-related documentation, the Technical Operations Analyst will serve as a trusted business partner with cross-organizational groups and external vendors.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a strong desire and ability to develop expertise in multiple applications to support the changing needs of the community. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek applicants who embody and incorporate these values in their everyday work.
Product Expertise & Operations
Training and Communication
- Serve as a subject matter expert on assigned application(s), ensuring stakeholder and end-user needs are met;
- Manage the Enterprise Applications ticket queue, triaging problems and issue resolution;
- Manage application maintenance (patches, upgrades, etc.), including the deployment of changes to the production environment, ensuring minimal disruption to end users;
- Establish metrics by which to assess the application, reporting regularly to management;
- Support Project Management Office with project work related to assigned application(s);
- Establish and manage Service Level Agreements (SLA's) with relevant stakeholders;
- Manage relationships with application vendors;
- Collaborate with Enterprise Product Support team to share best practices and to streamline processes.
- Establish a training strategy enable end users to maximize their use of the application;
- Lead and facilitate end user training including instructor-led classroom sessions, online e-learning exercises, vendor delivered sessions, written courses, or one-on-one training as needed;
- Develop and maintain technical and end user documentation related to assigned application(s);
- Establish and manage communication protocols for application updates, issue resolution and other related information;
- Cross-train other Enterprise Product Support Specialists on applications for which this role is responsible for and become cross-trained on other applications used by Simmons University.
- Partner with end users to understand their needs with and how they utilize the application(s);
- Troubleshoot application issues by phone and in person to ensure that all issues reach a resolution in timely manner;
- Work with end users to understand reporting needs and develop appropriate reports and reporting delivery scheduling;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field;
- 3+ years' experience of related experience;
- Previous experience or knowledge of applications including Workday, Radius Admissions Application, Ellucian Colleague, and Touchnet Online sales preferred;
- Excellent customer service and support skills;
- Knowledge of and experience using ITIL best practices;
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Technical-Operations-Analyst_R05842
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |