Visitor Experience Assistant, Undergraduate Admission
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
The Visitor Experience Assistant will assist in the on campus day-to-day functions of the office, as well as planning virtual events and visits, and assisting with on campus events and visits. Main responsibilities will include managing the coverage of the main Undergraduate Admission ("UGADM") phone line and email account, student employee management, front desk management, visit operations support, and event management. The Visitor Experience Assistant must understand the importance of customer service and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize workload, think creatively, and meet deadlines.
Customer Service / Student Management
- Be well versed in Simmons admission policies, campus updates and procedures, and all relevant information for prospective applicants. visitors, and their families;
- Oversee the student employee training and scheduling for answering UGADM calls and voicemails and the UGADM inbox;
- Oversee the student employee training and scheduling for staffing the office front desk;
- Provide coverage for the phone, email, and front desk when students are not available;
- Remain available as the point person for student employees when answering the phone/email/staffing the front desk and triage any questions before referring to counselors or other university personnel;
- Supervise, hire, and train (4-5) Summer Admission Representatives each summer;
- Supervise, hire, and train (2-3) Admission Representatives each academic year.
Visit & Event Support
- Act as a visit liaison with the Athletics Department to coordinate athlete visits with coaches;
- Work with Athletics to staff in-person events with coaches and current athletes;
- Schedule and code all visits attended by prospective student-athletes;
- Schedule virtual and in person prospective/admitted student interviews;
- Create and manage all Zoom links for virtual events, including post event Zoom reports;
- Plan and organize small-scale virtual events;
- Follow up with families on event attendance and provide support for any questions;
- Maintain the office Campus Visit Calendar; including updating visit changes, notifying respective personnel of cancellations, and updating, organizing, and maintaining the Counselor of the Day responsibilities;
- Maintain and update the office work from home/on campus calendar;
- Provide on-campus event support for large events;
- Manage and staff high school visits with current student employees as needed.
Administrative / Office Support
- Order name tags and business cards for office personnel;
- Maintain inventory of WB Mason supplies and event supplies as needed;
- Manages and troubleshoots physical office organization.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Experience in a professional administrative role, customer service role, or higher education setting preferred;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- High attention to detail and aptitude for problem solving;
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable as well as prioritize workload during periods of high volume;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Occasional evening or weekend hours required for scheduled events outside of normal business hours.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Visitor-Experience-Assistant--Undergraduate-Admission_R08286
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.