Employees in this series perform and/or supervise custodial services and maintenance of assigned buildings. General work with safety and security for all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Employees at this level perform custodial work required in the routine cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting, and upkeep of all designated interior and exterior building or spaces according to set standards and procedures. They work under direct supervision from a designated supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. High School graduation or equivalent.
Education and Experience Preferred
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
1. Knowledge of cleaning solutions and custodial methods.
2. Ability to comprehend and follow oral instructions.
3. Ability to read and follow written instructions, directions, labeling and measurements.
4. Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
6. Ability to bend, stretch, twist, reach, and stand for long periods of time.
7. Ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of hands, arms, legs, and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, walking, stooping, handling, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating items.
8. Ability to tolerate exposure to temperature extremes.
9. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
10. Ability to use computers; basic computer skills.