The University at Buffalo, Department of UB Genomics and Bioinformatics
is seeking candidates for the position of Bioinformatics Analyst.
The Bioinformatics Analyst is responsible for supporting the ever-growing computational analysis needs of the Genomics and Bioinformatics Core. The Bioinformatics Analyst works directly with core laboratory staff in an effort to provide optimal next-generation sequencing results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day processing of the immense data being generated from illumina based next-generation sequencing platforms;
- Quality assurance, initial data processing, and storage of data generated;
- Maintenance of core computational infrastructure;
- Specialized downstream analysis for supporting projects and core initiatives;
- Willingness to quickly adopt new technologies and analysis best practices;
- Analysis of all types of genomic, epigenomic, and transcriptomic data generated by the core
- Development and modification of computational algorithms to facilitate data analysis at UB; participating in manuscripts and grant applications,
- Figure generation;
- Custom data mining efforts
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.