Asset Inventory Data Specialist
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Asset Inventory Data Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Services and in collaboration with the Project Manager for Facilities IT, the Director of Operations, the Engineering Supervisors and Crew, and the Facilities Front Desk, this position will be responsible for the initial database production; on-going collection and maintenance; and consequent analysis and reporting of data supporting asset management: to include space inventory control, Facilities Condition Assessment preventive maintenance, life-cycle tracking and costs, predictive modeling and resource allocation, to support the efficient and effective management of university building systems that is the responsibility of the Facilities Operations directorate.
Full Job Description:
Essential Functions/Basic Responsibilities Include:
Create and maintain an effective asset inventory system that barcodes critical components of building systems (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.) to identify location, descriptive information and date placed in service, manufacturer's life-cycle and suggested preventive maintenance, warranties, and preventive and reactive maintenance performed on the component.
Understand and master the utilization of AiM AssetWorks as the database of record to support asset management.
Understand and master the use of AIM IQ as a tool for providing data analysis and report- writing, with an emphasis toward, but not limited to, financial forecasting for asset management.
Create master inventory spreadsheets with exacting detail and strict attention to protocols and accuracy for upload to the Asset Needs Assessment module (ANA).
Master utilization of ANA module. Maintain accurate and current data in ANA module from physical building-system inspections, information in work orders, and other sources.
Reference the current Facility Condition Assessment (FCA) report to ensure the data from that report is entered into AssetWorks and updated as future work is performed on the buildings and systems.
Prepare periodic, customized reports that will provide on-going assessment of facilities conditions, improving upon the existing by delving deeper in to the component-system level; summarize preventive maintenance labor and material expenditures on work orders and provide reporting and analysis of same in relation to asset maintenance management and replacement. Develop reports that are forward looking, to help decision makers determine how best to allocate resources.
Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- College education preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in one or more of the following: facilities management, facilities asset management, maintenance planning, data analysis, or related fields
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Working knowledge of AiM AssetWorks
- Demonstrated knowledge in:
- Planning, documentation and time management
- Systems and components associated with various types of building - Conceptual problem solving and decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills evidenced by correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation as well as the ability to prepare comprehensive reports and executive summaries incorporating complex, highly technical information and effectively communicate them as required
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation, as well as collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to perform a variety of accounting tasks with speed and accuracy
- Ability to understand and utilize the University work order processing system (AiM)
- Ability to work well, efficiently, and sensitively with a diverse population of faculty and
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills, with extreme attention to detail and
- Strong working knowledge of desktop software, including experience in spreadsheet programs
and word processing; knowledge of project estimating tools preferred
- Strong experience with excel
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems, general accounting principals, cost reporting, budget projections and analyses, preparation of budget reports and spreadsheet applications
- Understanding of standard office procedures and functions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
University of San Francisco Expectations
Demonstrate behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the University as well as the Facilities Management department. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Asset-Inventory-Data-Specialist_R0001257.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.