The Division of Student Life
is inviting applications for the position of Medical Laboratory Technician 2
within Student Health Services. In this role, you will oversee the operations of an in-office, CLIA-waived laboratory service with specimen collection for reference lab test completion.
Your responsibilities include:
- Maintain accurate laboratory supply and equipment inventory.
- Ensure the accurate operation and maintenance of all lab equipment. Troubleshoot problems as necessary.
- Responsible for training of employees in the use of all lab equipment.
- Schedule and assign responsibilities to staff working within lab, cover lab duties as necessary.
- Liaison with off-campus lab services (i.e., Quest Diagnostics).
- Complete reporting required by internal and external stakeholders.
Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About Student Life
As a member of Student Life, you will join service professionals, all driven by one shared set of values designed to help ensure students’ well-being, create a safe and supportive environment and promote student success. In Student Life, growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence, thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.