The Facilities department at the University at Buffalo invites applications for our Facility Operations Assistant 1 (Utilities) position. Your responsibilities will include:
* Assist in routine maintenance of equipment.
* Perform specific tasks as directed in performing maintenance and repairs on mechanical and electrical equipment, steam, gas and water lines, and other related plumbing heating or ventilation equipment.
* As directed, perform specific tasks in operating utility plant equipment including heating, ventilating and air-conditioning equipment to learn operating procedures.
* Lubricate machinery and other preventative maintenance tasks in the boiler, chiller, pump and mechanical equipment rooms.
* Participate in in-service training courses and on-the-job instruction relative to utility plant operation and engineering.
* Clean parts, equipment, equipment areas, and painting of HVAC equipment and related areas.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.htmlbenefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.