Lehman College seeks an Academic Program Specialist for the Urban Male Leadership Program (UMLP). Reporting directly to the Program Director, the Specialist will serve as Assistant Director and assist in the essential administration duties to increase the enrollment, retention and graduation rates of student participants focusing our data in higher education, particularly African, African American, Black, Caribbean and Latino/Hispanic males.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Program Director in drafting and reviewing letters, reports, and fundraising and grant proposals and finalizing correspondence with Program Director. Perform program administrative duties and assist with UMLP University budget management and CUNY BMI continuation award application process.
- Track and monitor the progress of UMLP program focusing on diversity recruitment strategies, assessment; implement best practices models and strategies (i.e. AIS and mentorship program, peer educators and LEH 100 seminar). Recruit UMLP students in the SWK 250 course that involves experiential learning. Research and stay current on higher education programs, trends, issues, and hot topics that impact student experiences.
- Assist in the organization of regularly scheduled events and activities such as the UMLP Distinguished Speaker Series and the CUNitY Educational Summit, Leadership Retreats, Induction and Award Ceremonies and CUNY BMI Conferences. Attend CUNY BMI funded projects monthly meetings in addition to the monthly meetings via the Division of Student Affairs.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ relevant experience required.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in higher education consisting of direct, ongoing interaction with student population
- Experience in collaborating with several departments and administrators of all levels
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint) with high proficiency level
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College’s specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
April 6, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.