Resource Group Administrative Assistant (4723C) - 27335
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 6, 2019
The Capital Projects team manages the design, construction, retrofitting, and restoration of campus buildings and their surroundings. Many skilled professionals work in Capital Projects as architects, landscape architects, planners, engineers, inspectors, construction specialists, contract administrators, accountants, and administrative personnel, all of whom work to serve the campus community.
- Vehicle custodian responsible to maintain our fleet of vehicles in safe running condition. Keep the vehicles washed, filled, and repaired.
- Assist in the oversight of department resources such as pool vehicles and parking passes. Responsible for performing weekly audits, and review/reconciliation of monthly fuel charges.
- Deliver and pickup mail and packages in and around campus and the bay area, including picking up and depositing checks, and filing construction project Notices of Completion.
- Process drawing print orders, serving as the departmental liaison with the FS Mapping & Drawing group.
- Paper and electronic archived document retrieval.
- Maintain log of paper archived files.
- Cover the front desk reception duties as needed and set up A/V and rooms for department and project related meetings.
- Manage the department's website online Access Interruption map and perform other administrative duties such as entering data in the project management software system, Unifier, and preparing Excel spreadsheets.
- Respond to occasional inquiries from the campus and public communities in a professional manner with focus on customer service.
- Responsibilities also include adherence to administrative processes and identification of situations, which require action.
- Exercises good judgment in communication with regard to timing and circumstances.
- Periodically assists in the duties and responsibilities of absent clerical members as assigned.
- Must be able to pick up to 70lbs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
- Working knowledge of applicable University policies and procedures in all areas or equivalent knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems.
- Adobe Acrobat experience.
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27335&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1